We encourage all Polish Americans to consider calling the comment line of the White House and to leave a message urging president Donald Trump to veto Act S. 447.
Please proceed as follows:
- Select one of the phone numbers given below:
- Comments: 202-456-1111
- Switchboard: 202-456-1414 – in case you prefer to talk directly to one of the employees of the White House Office of Legislative Affairs
- Comments: 202-456-6213 via TTY (TeleTYpe), TDD (Telecommunications Device for the Deaf) – in case you are a person who does not have enough functional hearing to understand speech, even with amplification
- Leave the following message: My name is ………………………., and I am a Polish American living in ……………… I urge you, Mr. President to veto Act S. 447. The Act violates the terms of the 1960 Treaty agreement between the U.S. and Poland and is designed to enrich private Jewish American groups, which make unfounded, extralegal claims against Poland. Your signature under the Bill would legitimize such extralegal demands especially a demand of ”restitution of the heirless property”, a concept which carries a contradiction in terms, and which constitutes a departure from the existing law. Heirless property always escheats to the state. The groups attempting to make claims are not successors of the Polish citizens murdered by Germany during WWII. Act S. 447 would destabilize and weaken Poland, the most loyal ally of the USA in Europe. Please veto the bill!
Alternative message:Mr. President, “By adopting the Senate’s unfortunate bill S-447, the House of Representatives tried to kill three birds with one stone. They violated US inheritance law, they tried to violate other (European) countries’ inheritance law, and they violated international law as well!”
It is bad for America!
Mr. President please veto this Bill.
If you wish, especially if you are from Pol-Am-endowed swing states of Ohio and Pennsylvania, you may also discreetly indicate that it was Polish Americans who helped president Trump to win the last elections. Now, it is Polish Americans who need president’s help.
Independently of your phone message, please also:
– sign the petition on the website of the White House: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/act-s-447-tries-legitimize-extralegal-demands-massive-property-transfers-groups-no-legitimate-claims
– send another petition via the contact page of the White House: https://stopacthr1226.org/send-this-petition-to-the-white-house-now/
We thank you in advance for your contribution!